Diana Wehrell-Grabowski has provided hundreds of “hands-on-minds-on” workshops to private and public early childhood organizations and institutions, as well as having been a keynote speaker, featured speaker and presenter at over 70 early childhood conferences nation and worldwide.
- Are certified for continuing education units (CEU) through Childhood Development Services, Inc. an authorized provider of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Workshops are approved for 3 CEUs or 6 CEUs
- Are standards-based (regional or National whichever applies to the specific contract)
- Introduce techniques to cultivate and nurture the young child’s natural curiosity and creativity.
- Are hands-on-minds-on
- Are inquiry-based
- Use simple, readily available, and inexpensive materials.
- Are highly interactive
- Make connections across the sciences and disciplines (Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, The Arts, and beyond).
- Allow the participants to make models of many of the concepts introduced to bring back to their classrooms (seed necklaces, man-made fossil imprints, nature projects, aeronautical models, etc.).
Available Hands-On Science Professional Staff Development Teacher Training Workshops (National and Regional Standards-Based):
Teaching Science To The Preschool Child
Connecting Science Across The Disciplines
Teaching Science To The Preschool Child Through Pre-Primary Children’s Literature
Teaching Science To The Preschool Child Through The Literature of Dr. Seuss
Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Practices and Content in the Early Childhood Classroom
Young Nature Explorers
To View and download Early Childhood Hands-On Science Teacher Training Workshop PDF Brochure Click on the following link. Science & STEM Workshops for Early Childhood Teachers